When you and your family are planning on booking a hotel stay, you will want to be sure that you do all you can to save money and get the best out of your experience. Here are some little known facts about hotels that can help you to achieve this:
1. Don't Call the 1-800 Number: When you can the 1-800 number to book your hotel stay, you are going to receive a flat rate and cannot negotiate with it. Instead, you should consider calling the hotel directly because this will give you the opportunity to negotiate. Plus, the receptionist may let you know about certain deals that they have going on that you may prefer instead of what you were originally planning on.
2. Independent Hotels are Often Cheaper: If you are looking to save even more money, you may consider staying at an independent hotel because more often than not, they offer large discounts. This is because they are competing with the bigger chains, so they will offer discounts in order to gain your business.
3. Sometimes You Cannot Ask for Upgrades: When there are other guests around when you are checking in at the hotel, you shouldn't consider asking for an upgrade since you are not likely to get it. Since there are other guests within earshot, they can begin to ask for upgrades as well, and if they aren't able to get them, then they will begin to ask for discounts. Instead, if you are wanting a larger room, ask if there is a corner room or handicap room available.
4. Ask to Have Wi-Fi Waived at Check Out: If you are paying for Wi-Fi but do not use it during your stay, consider asking to have the charges waived when you are checking out. This offer you are making to have the charges waived is much more likely to be approved when you are checking out rather than when you are negotiating while checking in.
5. Request to Have Linens Cleaned at Check In: Blankets and bed sheets aren't washed every day at hotels. This is why you should request to have these cleaned.
6. Negotiations Can Be Made on Everything: If your hotel offers anything with your stay, these things can almost always be negotiated. For example, if the hotel offers free breakfast in the morning, you can ask if instead you can have the breakfast delivered to your room. Most of the time, your request will be approved.
So, when booking a vacation with your family, be sure that you are aware of what you can do to make your stay more enjoyable, as well as more affordable. Union Bank Inn is a local hotel you can call for more information.